Monday, March 8, 2010

Leilani's First Post

Leilani's first post
First Post (a peek at the beginning)
"Let's call it we know everything..." said my sister."What?" I replied. Everything? That was an extensive claim."Ummmm....."We could put a question mark at the end of it," she suggested. Words like humility and meekness processed through my mind."No," I vetoed, "How about something poetic?" She laughed, before nixing my "dramatic" suggesting."What about a year of our lives?" She queried. A year? A year in the lives of two sisters. Yes. That could work. It was broad enough to cover both of our personalities and narrow enough to limit our project with a specific goal. It was a name we could agree on.

State of My life (Or Leilani as of January Twenty-ten)
Currently, my life is made up of many small activities which for the most part I enjoy. I teach four high school classes: Two literature, one history, and one logic class. I also have four Korean fifth graders who I tutor/teach. they try my patience (they like writing stories insulting each other, correcting each others grammar, and doing math problems on their desks) and yet somehow they manage to make me exceptionally fond of them. I also am a leader for the junior high group at my church. If you have never seen a junior high girl try and dance, let me tell you, it is adorable. They dance with all their little might, but they haven't quite learned rhythm yet. And the best part is they don't care what they look like. They just dance.Once I start reflecting on the little bits that make my life, an overflow of small sorrows, joys, and pleasures wants to tumble out. But suffice it to say, I am blessed, abundantly so, and if you chose to read on... well I am sure between my sister and I, we will find plenty to say.

My life in a Year
(So that at the end of this, we can compare notes)
What would I like to be doing one year from now? It is only lately that my vision has turned again to that question, because so much of my life now has been learning to live presently- it has not been a dreaming time like my college years, and yet it doesn't lack dreams. The difference is the dreams have matured and have become mixed with the reality of adult life. It is a unique time. And somehow, I think it is also a brief time...But to look at the mature dream: What do I want to be doing one year from now? The outline is there. It is the lines of dogma, the desire to be a woman of creed. Openly living the words, "I believe in God the Father, I believe in God the Son, and I believe in the transforming work of the Holy Spirit." Yet, the colors have yet to be filled in, the details, the how. So my dream is to color. A year from now I want to know what work I should be doing and how my talents can best be used to serve God.As for the work of this blog, my dream is simple: Write, to the glory of God, for the joy of doing something with Autumn, for the pleasure of telling stories, and because I like words.

No comments:

Post a Comment