Monday, March 8, 2010

And We're Off!!

This Thursday my sister and I are boarding an airplane to London, going to Madrid, and then we go to Oxford. Oxford, the university town that captivated my imagination, and made a little American girl grow up. When I left Oxford, after my year abroad, a hither to unknown emotion passed through my chest. And as the bus rolled up and over Headington hill I thought. "This is it. This is what heartbreak must be like. "Granted, real heartbreak is worse, but go to Oxford and maybe you too will feel the magic that is woven into the fabric of the city. It lingers in the universities where scholars dreamed dreams that wrote books and ran nations. It wafts across the Cherwell where students punt while enjoying a much earned rest. And it dips into side alleys where a scarfed bicyclist returns library books. And it resounds in the spires that keep steady watch over the comings and goings of many.One of those was me. And now I get to go back...

No comments:

Post a Comment