Monday, March 8, 2010

Autumn's first blog post

Autumn's First Blog Post
Welcome to my life for one year.The State of My Life Now:-I currently spend most of my time in a gray Corolla Toyota (his name is the Toymaster) as I make my way from Point A to Point B. Though I don't love my car like some people do, I've learned his little idiosyncrasies, those things that can only be learned from sitting, for miles upon miles, in the driver seat. It's much like getting to know a person-just not as rewarding. But I know the Toymaster pulls to the left, even when I'm holding the wheel straight (tire alignment off?!). I know the Toymaster's exact dimensions and can zip through traffic with military tight precision. I've slept in the Toymaster and cried in the Toymaster (after getting a ticket, due to the Tomaster's inclination for speed). It's funny how an object can be so familiar and feel so comfortable.-I just completed an internship at the Orange County Register where I wrote features and news stories. It was my first true foray in the the journalistic world-and I loved it. I couldn't believe I was getting paid to write-and I couldn't believe people were reading what I was writing.-I just moved out of Biola University for a semester. So yeah. It's all explained in this article. Copy the link:article link: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-224941-year-life.htmlMy stuff is still in the backseat of the Toymaster. Whenever I drive anywhere, I look like I'm living out of my car. Which I am. See above note.-I am working at a bridal salon, La Soie Bridal. I've worked there for three years as a wedding gown consultant, servicing engaged, excited women. Its' basically a female only zone. Grooms who come in usually stand awkwardly, bemoaning the drops in their testosterone levels as they survey racks full of lace, taffeta, and silk. It's tremendously fun (when I'm selling stuff). It's tremendously stressful when I am not. The gowns are gorgeous (I've tried on countless numbers of them)- not that David's Bridal polyester stuff. There is one gown that I adore. It has a ball gown skirt with a peplum, a fresh, new take on the silhouette. Lace trickles all over it. It has an edgy, broken tea party, Alice in Wonderland aesthetic to it. I've had bride after bride fall in love with its uniqueness. But none have been gutsy enough to wear it. I'm waiting for that special bride who will. I'll let you know if she comes in the year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment