Monday, March 8, 2010

In Between Me and Spain

In Between Me and Spain....
On Thursday Lei and I are going to Spain! This is time for great joy, as I love traveling more than anything else. However, there is one thing looming between me and strolling the streets of Madrid: a twelve hour flight. I've gone on these flights (or, to name them more appropriately, in-transit hells) enough to know how they go:you sleep, read, think, make idle chatter with your random seatmates (what's your name? where are you going? I KNOW, the Davinci Code is SO interesting, etc), watch a movie, sleep, read, REPEAT, REPEAT. I refuse to look at the time for what feels like five mini eternities (it's a psychological game-I tell myself if I don't keep track of time, it will just fly by) and finally do, thinking, there has GOT to be only one hour left to discover, DEAR GOD, I STILL HAVE NINE HOURS TO GO! Commence breakdown. I then check the time like a maniac. 12:05. Don't focus on the time! Don't look! Don't-WHY IS IT STILL ONLY 12:05?!!!Of course, I could take a valuable lesson from this-something down the lines of patience is good for the soul, it's the journey that makes the destination worthwhile, etc. And maybe I will. Or maybe I will just try sleeping pills this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment