Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vivez Verite!

About two months ago, I was in a minor car carsh. (Read about the details in the Demise of Gus) I call it minor, because other than the casualty of my car everybody walked away.

After the accident, I sat on a wall with the older man who ran into me.

"Let's let the insurance take care of this," he said. Then he added, "I'm sure you'll be fair with me."

"Of course, I will," I assured him. Anything less was not an option. So when the police came, I tried to give an accurate and honest re-telling of what happened.

Fast-forward and I am talking to my insurance agent and just wanting to make sure that all is well, I asked when it would be decided who is at fault.

"Well, we're waitting for the police report, because we have conflicting stories."

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, the other party said you hit him." I was floored. I clearly remember being hit. I mean you usually don't forget something like that. Especially, when you are hit from behind.

At that point my rather idealistic view of human integrity manifested itself, in my rather shocked response.

After getting off the phone, I prayed. In some ways, it was a small request to ask that the truth win, but in another way it was not small. After all, little victories on the side of truth remind us of the day when all will be totally right and the truth wins ultimately.

Two days ago I received a phone call... after the evidence was looked at by the grace of God the case was decided in my favor. Vivez Verite!

-Leilani

No comments:

Post a Comment