Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Photography

I am taking a photojournalism class. Previous to this class, I had never uploaded pictures onto a computer and, on the first day of class, identified the battery as the flashdrive (yeah. That was embarrassing).

Our final is a portfolio-"your absolute best work"-and my life collection of pictures consists of shots of my boyfriend at a Laker game and a few selfies of me and my friends. Reviewing the pics I took in Europe showcased my uninspired methodology of, uh, point and shoot.
SOOO I've been trying to compile a porfolio ("up to 500 pictures"). I've found out how awkward it is to actually take pictures and how I have absolutely no courage whatsoever. Case in point: I found a truckload of dogs and was too shy to ask the owner if I could take a picture of them (I PASSED BY A PERFECT PHOTO OPPORTUNITY! DOGS! A TRUCK!).

But here is one shot I got off today from the clifftops of Palos Verdes. I think it's my favorite so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment