Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Indecision

I had a bride this week who loved two dresses:


She was paralyzed. Completely trapped by indecision. I've had plenty of brides fall in love with two gowns, resulting in a love traingle between the bride and the dresses. But I've never had anyone quite so indecisive as her. The resulting appointment had all the pathos and drama of a soap opera: there were tears, anger, frustration, and she even broke out in a case of hives.
And before you think, bridezilla, don't. She was one of those good, down to earth people, making her a likeable heroine. All I wanted was for her to find the gown of her dreams and ride off into the sunset with it, free from the anguish of confusion.
So what happened?
Well, we tried on both the gowns a total of twenty-one times. I discussed the various pros and cons with her. She asked everyone in sight what they thought. We reviewed pictures.
Finally, 3 hours later, she picked the first gown (and my personal favorite for her).
And then she was happy. All the stress dissolved. A simple choice relieved hours of tension and frustration.
Oh, and by the way, she picked the first one.

1 comment:

  1. You should have threatened to tear both dresses in half and seen which one she tried to save.

    I will say that the fact that she was a "good, down to earth" person and she still was so dis-trot that she broke into hives is terrifying. That is the kind of insanity that ruins a woman on the way to the alter. I have watched so many kind women become psychos over the simplest things. It really makes me sad and scares me to think what could happen to my fiance should I ever get engaged.

    The following are examples of REAL choices.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGFuHC75aY

    ReplyDelete