Thursday, April 15, 2010

Huntington Library and Lakers



I went to the Huntington Library today. It's one of those places filled with guys proposing to their girlfriends and senior citizens meandering around the gardens. I don't really like being outside or exploring nature but I did smell five dozen different rose bushes (resulting in a mild high brought on by the rich fumes).

I love roses. They are my favorite flower. I used to like white ones until I realized they were at every funeral I've ever been to (thus, tarnishing my affection for them. Now they just look morbid).

So now I like hybrid flowers, which, I've learned don't even grow naturally. They are manufactured in a lab, the result of two roses being mixed together. They are better than your average rose because they are TWO colors and not just one!

And while today was all about culture, high tea, and roses, last night I went to a basketball game. The Lakers! Which was amazingly fun. I like basketball because, unlike soccer or baseball, it's indoors, so you can be nice and warm while you watch. No cold bleachers involved. And it's fast moving which equals exciting.
It was my very first Laker game so I was careful to put on a lot of makeup. After all, this would be the first time Kobe Bryant ever saw me.

However, it turned out Kobe was NOT there (which, as a paying customer, made me upset). But Shannon Brown was. And he was super cute. And while he didn't seem to notice me (I still supported him and clapped every time he made a basket), it was a blast. Since Shannon didn't seem interested, I channeled all my love to my man instead:
Cause after all, I have to be honest. He's way cuter than Shan or Kobe. -Autumn













No comments:

Post a Comment